How to install and Execute Dedale ?
Dedale is developped in Java and packaged for Eclipse
Install Java and Eclipse
Download the project
- Using git : git clone https://gitlab.com/dedale/dedale-etu.git
- Or through your ide; Under Eclipse: File/import/Project from git/ then paste the previous adress and say yes to all
- Or downloading the archive from this page : https://gitlab.com/dedale/dedale-etu
Launch the program within Eclipse:
- Right-Click on your project and select Maven Update
- Right-Click on your project and select Maven/Maven install (It will download all the dependencies)
- Select the Principal.java file, Right-Click and select run as../Java application.
Note that the 2 lasts version of Eclipse (2019-12 and 2020-beta) contain by default a Gradle plugin that generates a bug when you try to run the project “model not available for XX”. If you encounter this:
- Help/Eclipse MarketPlace
- Search “Gradle”
- Go to “BuildShop Gradle Integration 3.0” (the elephant) which is indicated as installed and clic on the grayed installed button.
- Uninstall it. It will restart eclipse.
- Run the program, enjoy :)
Here will appear 2 Youtube videos that will detail the installation steps.